Inside: Halloween Bats Mini Quilt
Searching for a fast Halloween quilting mission? The Halloween Bats Mini Quilt has a lot of choices for creating scary mini quilts, mug rugs, and different enjoyable quilt-y tasks.
Why? As a result of Bewitching bats, Spooky spiders, and Ghostly ghouls make every little thing so festive. This mission is good for any stitching degree and the design works on a wide range of tasks corresponding to a mini quilt, mug rug, or pillow.
Optionally available Provides
The best way to Make the Halloween Bats Mini Quilt
This tutorial makes use of components from my Halloween Bat Applique Set which incorporates (6) bat sizes, (1) moon, and (1) cloud. The design set contains Printable PDF Directions and all of the design components are in PDF and SVG (Cricut) format. Click on the button under to be taught extra in regards to the Halloween Bat Applique Set.
Check out the FREE Template!
This tutorial features a FREE Bat Template so that you can make your personal enjoyable Halloween Bat tasks (See Step 1 under). Notice: I’m not sharing particular Cricut reducing examples on this tutorial. See all of my Cricut tutorials right here for directions.
For those who choose to attempt it before you purchase it, I’m providing you with a FREE Bat Template from the Halloween Bat Applique Set. Click on right here to get the >>> FREE Halloween Bat Template.
Notice: Use a desktop or laptop computer on your obtain. Telephones and tablets might not course of your obtain.
Step 2: Minimize out materials
This steps on this tutorial are for making a 12″ x 12″ mini quilt.
- Minimize out (1) 14″ x 14″ piece of quilt entrance cloth
- Minimize out (1) 14″ x 14″ piece of quilt again cloth
- Starch cloth and put aside
Step 3: Put together Design Parts
Notice: All the design components on this tutorial had been lower out on a Cricut Maker. I’m not sharing particular Cricut reducing examples on this tutorial. See all of my Cricut tutorials right here for directions. You don’t want to personal a Cricut Maker to chop out the designs. As a substitute, simply lower them out by hand!
For Cricut homeowners, you possibly can put your design collectively in Cricut Design Area like I did right here. Or, you possibly can print out the design components and prepare them in a manner that you just choose.
- Obtain the Halloween Bats Applique Set
- Print the design components for the Bats, Cloud, and Moon. (Notice: Multi-sized Bats, Cloud, and Moon are ONLY included within the Halloween Bat Applique Set)
- Minimize out all the design components.
- Hint all components onto the paper facet of the Warmth’n Bond
- Tough lower round every of the design components, leaving a 1/4″ margin
Professional Tip: All SVG design components can simply be resized in Cricut Design Area. All PDF design components might be resized by altering the proportion up or down in your printer.
Step 4: Minimize out design components
- Place the tough or shiny facet of the the person design components onto the again of your cloth.
- Use a sizzling, dry iron and fuse the weather to the unsuitable facet of your materials. Let cool.
- Minimize out every of the weather on the tracing line. Put aside.
Want extra applique assist. Watch this fast video!
Additionally, you will want primary information about applique. Watch this quick video on find out how to applique or see my eBook Applique Made Simple.
Step 5: Putting applique designs
There’s a particular order to putting the design components. You’ll place down a component, fuse to the material, then sew it in place earlier than layering on the following ingredient.
Earlier than putting any ingredient make sure you take away the Warmth’n Bond paper backing.
Professional Tip: For those who select to make use of a zigzag sew make sure you add a stabilizer to the again of the material. Fastidiously take away it when all components are stitched down.
For this tutorial I’ll be making a easy 12″ x 12″ mini quilt, nonetheless all of those steps would apply when you had been making a mug rug, wall hanging, banner, or pillow.
- Place the Moon ingredient to 1 facet of your mission. Notice: When putting the weather it’s a good suggestion to hint their location with a water-erasable pen.
- Fuse in place utilizing a sizzling, dry iron.
- Utilizing both matching thread or Superior Threads Mono-Poly Thread, straight sew or use a tiny zigzag sew across the Moon.
- Layer on the Cloud and repeat the above steps.
- Add within the Bats separately and repeat the above steps.
Professional Tip: Use an Open Toe Foot when stitching down your design components. You’ll have far more management over the stitching!
Step 6: Making the Quilt
This mission is designed with quilting in thoughts, nonetheless, you would flip it into a easy banner like this one that doesn’t require any quilting.
Notice: The Halloween Bats Applique Set contains extra directions for quilting.
Observe these steps when you select to quilt your mission.
- Make a quilt sandwich with the quilt prime, batting, and quilt again.
- Quilt in any method desired. Since this can be a Halloween design, one thing with motion could be enjoyable.
- As soon as quilting is completed trim away extra cloth and batting, then sq. your quilt to 12″ x 12″.
Step 7: Binding the Quilt
- Select a enjoyable Halloween binding to make your mini quilt stand out.
- Minimize (2) 2.25″ or 2.5″ x WOF Strips
- Connect strips and press unsuitable sides collectively
- Sew binding to quilt
For those who need assistance with binding directions see my tutorial: The best way to Machine Bind a Quilt.
Wasn’t that enjoyable! With the Halloween Bats Applique Set you’ll have the ability to create all types of enjoyable scenes.
Save this Pin for later