Hen with Dijon Mustard Sauce is a quick, simple, 20-minute dinner recipe filled with taste. Hen breasts are sautéed to perfection earlier than a creamy dijon sauce is made in the identical pan on this one-pot marvel dinner! Serve with sluggish cooker rice, Texas toast, or do-it-yourself drop biscuits to finish your meal.
Like my Hen with Creamy Garlic Herb Sauce or Bacon Pasta Carbonara, this Hen with Dijon Sauce is a 20-minute, one-pot meal that you’ll need on common rotation. It’s quick and scrumptious, and did I point out EASY??
Why I like this recipe
There may be a lot taste within the mustard cream sauce and the rooster is good and juicy.
Additionally it is low-carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free so it’s considered one of my go-to simple rooster recipes when I’ve friends with dietary restrictions. (Plus it is so quick, it’s excellent for when you’ve gotten firm!)
- boneless, skinless rooster breasts
- further virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- rooster broth
- heavy cream
- dijon mustard
- Trim rooster breasts and if needed pound them to an excellent thickness. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth and add rooster. Prepare dinner till rooster is cooked by way of, flipping as soon as, about 10-12 minutes.
- Take away rooster from pan. Add rooster broth to the pan and scrape the underside of the pan to deglaze and get all these flavorful brown bits into your sauce.
- Add heavy cream and oregano. Whisk to combine and simmer 2 minutes.
- Return rooster and any juices to the pan, stir, and serve.
- you might substitute white wine for the rooster broth if desired
- use rooster thighs or rooster cutlets as a substitute of rooster breasts
- garnish with recent herbs, I typically use recent parsley or thyme
- experiment with several types of mustards
- add cooked and crumbled bacon to the sauce earlier than serving
This rooster recipe makes loads of sauce so you may serve it over egg noodles, roasted potatoes, rice, or nearly any starch. My husband’s favourite is serving it over mashed potatoes, whereas I desire pasta myself!
Vital Notice In regards to the Sauce
This recipe makes a beneficiant quantity of sauce. If you do not need as a lot you may simply lower it in half and even in third. Our household likes the additional sauce for serving over pasta, potatoes, rice, and many others.
There may be additionally sufficient sauce that you can add an additional rooster breast or two in case your pan will match it (or prepare dinner in batches) with out having so as to add extra sauce to the recipe.
In the event you do this recipe please remark and price it beneath, I like listening to from you!
Hen with Dijon Mustard Sauce is a quick, simple, 20 minute dinner recipe filled with taste. Hen breasts are sautéed to perfection earlier than a creamy dijon sauce is made in the identical pan on this one pot marvel dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless rooster breasts
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup rooster broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- Trim rooster and pound to an excellent thickness if wanted. Season liberally with salt and pepper on each side.
- In a big skillet, warmth the olive oil over medium excessive warmth. Add the rooster and prepare dinner 10-12 minutes, flipping as soon as, or till cooked by way of.
- Take away rooster from the pan and put aside. Add rooster broth and scrape the underside of the pan to deglaze.
- Whisk in heavy cream and oregano and produce to a simmer. Prepare dinner 2 minutes, stirring typically.
- Return rooster and any juices to the pan. Stir, and serve.
Key phrases: rooster with dijon mustard sauce