If you’re engaged on studying to learn and write, eventually you’ll come accross ea sound phrases. There are three sounds to ea phrases – lengthy e, brief e, and lengthy a. This enjoyable, hands-on ea phrases phonics exercise provides first graders an opportunity to observe and evaluation this vowel sample. Merely print the ea sound Bingo recreation to play and be taught.
ea Sound Phrases
Some lengthy vowels are a little bit difficult, and that the “ea” vowel workforce is one in every of them. This low prep recreation is an effective way to observe the three sounds of “ea”. Vowel groups will be overwhelming. There are a lot of of them, and so they don’t all “act” the sound manner. Some make the lengthy sound, some make completely completely different sounds (like oi in soil), after which a final one makes the brief vowel sound. And as we speak, I’ve a recreation to work on this particular vowel workforce.
Begin by scrolling to the underside of the publish, underneath the phrases of use, and click on on the textual content hyperlink that claims >> _____ <<. The pdf file will open in a brand new window so that you can save the freebie template.
The vowel workforce “ea” makes loads of completely different sounds, and it may be fairly complicated to our little ones. So it’s important that we offer a lot of studying time and actions for this particular vowel workforce.
However first, listed here are the three sounds that ‘ea” makes.
- Lengthy e – the commonest sound that “ea” makes is the lengthy e sound. We see this in phrases like meat, beak, dream,
- Quick e – that is the loopy one. Usually, our brief vowel sounds are made by closed doorways syllables. However on this case, the “ea” really makes the brief e sound. We are able to see this in phrases like thread, dread, well being, feather, and jealous.
- Lengthy a – Once I was rising up, I discovered a saying that stated, “When two vowels go strolling, the primary one does the taking.” Nicely, this vowel workforce defies that saying. On this case, the second vowel does the speaking. Granted, it isn’t as widespread, however our kiddos must know that it does occur. We see it occur in phrases like nice, steak, and break. As a aspect notice, “ear” is commonly thought-about a protracted a sound. In the event you say tear (I’ll tear the paper) you’ll hear the lengthy a sound earlier than the r.
This recreation is tremendous low-prep.
- First, print off the sport board that most closely fits your scholar’s wants. The primary few have one-syllable phrases. Whereas the later ones transfer into two and three-syllable phrases.
- Subsequent, print off the spinner. It may be used for all boards.
- Lastly, collect up a couple of provides. One thing to spin. A pencil and paper clip work or a bought one is an possibility. One thing to cowl up the phrases.
ea phrases phonics
This recreation is just like different bingo video games, with just a bit twist.
- Participant 1 spins the spinner. Regardless of the spinner lands on, they should discover a phrase that makes that sound. In the event you spin lengthy e, then the participant can cowl up any phrase that has the lengthy e sound like beast or cream.
- Participant 2 spins and does the identical factor.
- This continues till somebody has 4 in a row.
That’s it. It’s a easy manner to assist kids observe studying “ea” phrases and the three sounds that “ea” makes.
Lengthy vowel sounds worksheets
Searching for extra observe with the lengthy a sound? Take a look at these free printables:
in search of extra enjoyable vowel actions and sources to make studying to learn and spell phrases enjoyable? Verify these out!
ea phonic sound
Earlier than you seize your free pack you comply with the next:
- This set is for private and classroom use solely.
- This printable set will not be bought, hosted, reproduced, or saved on some other web site or digital retrieval system.
- Graphics Bought and used with permission
- All materials supplied on this weblog is copyright protected.
>> vowel printables <<